SOS Meditation is a simple process. By focusing your attention within, you can connect to the source of all peace, joy, and happiness.
- To meditate, sit in any pose in which you can sit still for an extended period of time.
- Close your eyes gently, just as you do when you go to sleep. Look straight ahead, focusing your attention 8 – 10 inches into the field of darkness in front of you. Keep your eyes in the horizontal plane.
- Continue to focus your attention within.
- Mentally repeat any calming word or phrase. Repeat slowly, at an even pace.
- This silent repetition helps to prevent the mind from wandering.
- You may see flashes of light, circles of light, or light of different colors. When your attention is focused, you see light, and when you are distracted, you see darkness.
- Enjoy the calming experience within you.